Greater Manchester Pension Fund Logo

Transfer value request


If your request is required for matrimonial purposes please use the Divorce Proceedings CETV Request form below.

Divorce Proceedings CETV Request Link to Adobe PDF Document

A Cash Equivalent Transfer Value (CETV) is calculated using actuarial factors to produce an amount known as a transfer value which, if invested at current interest rates, would realise enough at retirement age to pay the member’s benefits for their own and the spouse's / civil partner's lifetime.

Who can request a CETV?

If you are no longer an active member of Greater Manchester Pension Fund (GMPF), we will provide a statement of entitlement to a CETV on receipt of your request. This figure will be guaranteed for three months. If we then receive your request to pay a transfer to your new provider within three months of the calculation date, this is the amount we will pay.

We will pay a revised amount if your request for payment is received outside the guarantee period. You can ask to transfer your benefits to a new employer's scheme or a personal pension plan and we will provide the relevant paperwork when we send the CETV.

A cash equivalent transfer value is not available to you while you remain an active member of GMPF. However, we will provide an estimate of the cash equivalent transfer value of your membership to date. A financial adviser may ask for this figure if you are having a financial review.

Mandatory fields are identified in bold

Please enter a surname
Please enter a surname under 35 characters
Please enter other names
Please enter other names under 35 characters
Please enter National Insurance number
Please enter a valid National Insurance number
Please enter your date of birth
Please enter a valid date of birth (dd/mm/yyyy)
Please enter your address
Please enter your current marital status
Please enter a valid telephone number
Please enter an e-mail address
Please enter a valid e-mail address
The e-mail addresses entered do not match
Please verify the e-mail address
Are you still paying into the GMPF?

Please note that a transfer value request for purposes of a divorce cannot be made using this form. Please see our page about when a marriage or civil partnership breaks down.

Please remove any text in this field to submit the form
There are some errors with the form, please correct the errors listed above and re-submit.
Press the escape key to close pop up