- Age UK
- Age UK support all people over 50 in the UK, ensuring that they get the most from life. They provide essential services such as day care and information. They also campaign on issues like age discrimination and pensions, and work to influence public opinion and government policy about older people.
- Age UK: Pension calculator - planning for your retirement
With the Age UK pensions calculator you can:
- Think about the type of retirement you want,
- Check how much you've saved so far
- Explore your options if you've not saved enough
- Citizens Advice
- The Citizens Advice service helps people resolve their legal, money and other problems by providing free information and advice from over 3,000 locations, and by influencing policymakers.
- Councillors Website
This website has been designed to offer Councillors a summary of the local government pension scheme they have access to as a Greater Manchester Councillor.
This website has information for Councillors only.
- Department for Work and Pensions
- The Department for Work and Pensions is here to promote opportunity and independence for all through modern, customer-focused services.
- Financial advice
- Link to Unbiased, the website for independent advisers. They are not tied to selling the products of just one company, but remember they will still charge a fee or earn commission on the products they sell.
- Finding a lost pension
Use this service from GOV.UK to find contact details for:
- your own workplace or personal pension scheme
- someone else’s scheme if you have their permission
This service can help you find a lost pension.
- HM Revenue and Customs
- HM Revenue and Customs are here to ensure the correct tax is paid at the right time, whether this relates to payment of taxes received by the department or entitlement to benefits paid.
- Local Government Employers (Members website)
- The LGPS is a nationwide pension scheme for people working in local government or working for other types of employer participating in the Scheme.
- PLSA (previously NAPF)
- The Pensions and Lifetime Savings Association is the leading UK body providing representation and other services for those involved in designing, operating, advising and investing in all aspects of pensions and other retirement provision.
- The Pensions Advisory Service
- TPAS is available at any time to assist members and beneficiaries of the Scheme in connection with any pensions query they may have, or difficulty they have failed to resolve with the trustees or administrators of the Scheme.
- Pensions Ombudsman
- The Pensions Ombudsman was set up under the Pensions Act, and may investigate and determine any complaint or dispute of fact or law in relation to an occupational pension scheme. Pension schemes and members must normally go along with the Ombudsman's decision unless it is overturned by a court.
- The Pensions Regulator
- The Pensions Regulator is a pensions watchdog which makes sure schemes are run properly, and protects members against fraud. Anyone who is worried about a scheme can 'blow the whistle' to The Pensions Regulator.
- Pension Wise
- A free and impartial government service about your defined contribution pension options.
- State Pensions
- Information about State pensions is available on GOV.UK
- Tameside MBC
- Tameside MBC administers the Greater Manchester Pension Fund.