Report a death

We understand that dealing with financial affairs following bereavement is a difficult time. If the person was a member of Greater Manchester Pension Fund (GMPF) it’s important you let us know as soon as possible.

Many local authorities now use a government scheme called Tell Us Once. When registering the death, the registrar will offer this service where applicable, so you won’t need to then let GMPF know separately.

You can let us know by completing the form below or calling our customer service team on 0161 301 7000. To find out more about dependants’ pensions and lump sum death grants that may be payable, please see our section on 'Death benefits'.

The Government has also produced guidance on what to do when someone dies.

Details of the member

Husband / wife / same sex married partner / civil partner / cohabiting partner
If not surviving partner

Details of the informant

Further Information

Created by Clay10 Creative